Changing an address of an overseas limited partnership
How to change your overseas limited partnership's address details
A number of addresses are held on the register for each overseas limited partnership including
- its overseas registered office address,
- the principal place of business in New Zealand,
- details of the person authorised to accept service in NZ, and
- the postal address.
If any of these addresses change you must notify us within 20 working days.
Information you'll need to provide
You can notify us of a change of address by completing, and uploading, form LP12. The form must be signed by or on behalf of the overseas limited partnership.
You'll need to provide the following information when updating an address:
- the name of the overseas limited partnership and registration number
- the details of the change
- the date of change
- the full name, postal address, email address and phone number of the presenter.
What's required for principal place of business
The principal place of business in New Zealand, and the address for the person authorised to accept service in New Zealand, must be physical addresses. That is, they cannot be a Private Bag or DX, or a virtual office (mail or message collection point).
If any of these addresses are at the offices of a chartered accountant or lawyer, or at the offices of any other person, then full details are required — for example, the name of the firm, including any details of the location in any building etc.
Postal addresses don't need to be physical addresses
The postal address can be either a postal address (for example, a PO Box, Private Bag or DX) or it can be a residential address.
Authority to update your addresses
To change a limited partnership's address details, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Limited Partnerships Registers
- confirmed your authority to manage information on behalf of the limited partnership.
How to update your address details
- Log in to your online services account.
- On the dashboard, select the overseas limited partnership you wish to update from your 'My Businesses' list.
- From the menu, select 'Maintain Limited Partnership' and choose 'Lodge Other Documents'.
- Select 'LP12 Notice of Change of Addresses' from the document type list.
- Upload the document and click 'Submit'.