Keeping limited partnership details up to date
- Confirming your authority to manage information How to confirm your authority to manage a limited partnership's information on its behalf.
- Filing your annual return Find out how to prepare and file your limited partnership's annual return.
- Changing your annual return filing month How to change a limited partnership's annual return filing month.
- Changing a limited partnership address How to let us know if your limited partnership's address changes
- Changing partner details How to let us know if one or more partners in your limited partnership change.
- Changing a limited partnership name How to let us know if you wish to change the name of your limited partnership.
- Requesting a correction to the register How to request a correction to details on the Limited Partnership Register.
- Fees View the schedule of fees for limited partnership and overseas limited partnership transactions.
- Managing your payment options How to manage your payment options.
Other help topics
Getting started on the register
About limited partnerships, the roles and responsibilities of general and limited partners, and how to set up your online services account.
Searching the Limited Partnerships Registers
Find out how to search the registers for information about New Zealand and overseas limited partnerships, and their current status.
About limited partnerships
Limited partnerships are registered under the Limited Partnerships Act 2008. The registers of limited partnerships and overseas limited partnerships are administered by the NZ Companies Office.
Registering a limited partnership
To register a limited partnership you must complete the application process and pay the registration fee.
Deregistering a limited partnership
If a limited partnership is terminated, or you ask for it to be deregistered, you must notify us so it can be removed from the register. The Registrar can also choose to deregister limited partnerships.
Restoring a limited partnership
You can apply to the Registrar to have your limited partnership restored to the register. You'll need to provide evidence to support your application.
Forms and fees for limited partnerships (NZ)
Forms you'll need to register your limited partnership or keep details up to date, and a schedule of fees payable.
Managing your online account
Your online services account allows you to update and manage personal and organisation information from your online dashboard.
Overseas limited partnerships
Overseas limited partnerships must apply to register within 10 working days of commencing business in New Zealand, and must meet annual filing requirements to remain registered.
- About overseas limited partnerships
- About general partners
- Registering an overseas limited partnership
- Filing annual returns
- Changing partner details
- Changing an address of an overseas limited partnership
- Changing the name of an overseas limited partnership
- Ceasing business in New Zealand
- Forms for overseas limited partnerships