Deregistering a limited partnership
- Terminating a limited partnership Find out when and how a limited partnership can be terminated.
- Applying to deregister a limited partnership Find out how to have your limited partnership removed from the register if it has ceased business
- Deregistration by the Registrar Find out when the Registrar must deregister a limited partnership.
- Objecting to deregistration Find out on what grounds you can object to the removal of a limited partnership from the register.
Other help topics
Getting started on the register
About limited partnerships, the roles and responsibilities of general and limited partners, and how to set up your online services account.
Searching the Limited Partnerships Registers
Find out how to search the registers for information about New Zealand and overseas limited partnerships, and their current status.
About limited partnerships
Limited partnerships are registered under the Limited Partnerships Act 2008. The registers of limited partnerships and overseas limited partnerships are administered by the NZ Companies Office.
Registering a limited partnership
To register a limited partnership you must complete the application process and pay the registration fee.
Keeping limited partnership details up to date
Once you've registered your limited partnership, you'll need to maintain the registration by filing annual returns and keeping partnership name, partner and address details up to date.
Restoring a limited partnership
You can apply to the Registrar to have your limited partnership restored to the register. You'll need to provide evidence to support your application.
Forms and fees for limited partnerships (NZ)
Forms you'll need to register your limited partnership or keep details up to date, and a schedule of fees payable.
Managing your online account
Your online services account allows you to update and manage personal and organisation information from your online dashboard.
Overseas limited partnerships
Overseas limited partnerships must apply to register within 10 working days of commencing business in New Zealand, and must meet annual filing requirements to remain registered.
- About overseas limited partnerships
- About general partners
- Registering an overseas limited partnership
- Filing annual returns
- Changing partner details
- Changing an address of an overseas limited partnership
- Changing the name of an overseas limited partnership
- Ceasing business in New Zealand
- Forms for overseas limited partnerships