When an overseas limited partnership intends to cease business in New Zealand, it's required to give public notice of that intention in the New Zealand Gazette, and at least one major newspaper circulating in the area of its principal place of business.
The general partner, or any other person permitted by the overseas limited partnership, can apply to us by completing, and uploading, form LP14. The form must be signed by or on behalf of the overseas limited partnership.
When ceasing business in New Zealand, you'll need to provide the following information:
- the name of the overseas limited partnership and registration number
- the full name and address of the applicant
- the date on which public notice was given
- the date on which it will cease to do business in New Zealand
- the full name, postal address, email address and phone number of the presenter.
Authority to notify us
To lodge the notice using our online service you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Limited Partnerships Registers
- confirmed your authority to manage information on behalf of the overseas limited partnership.
How to notify us when ceasing business
- Log in to your online services account.
- On the dashboard, select the overseas limited partnership from your 'My Businesses' list.
- From the menu, select 'Maintain Limited Partnership' and choose 'Lodge Other Documents'.
- Select 'LP14 Notice of Intention to cease to carry on business in New Zealand' from the document list.
- Upload the document and click 'Submit'.